STAND UP PADDLE BOARD INSTRUCTION CLINICS
Do you want to learn how to stand up paddle board? This new and popular activity is easy to learn and a great way to explore Maine waters while getting in shape. Proper paddle board instruction is key to enjoying your time on the water, getting adept sooner, and avoiding the potential for bad habits and improper form.
We start with the basics of paddle boarding, introduce gear, paddles and boards, review on-water safety, and demonstrate and practice paddle dexterity and strokes, board control and much more. Our paddle board instructional clinic takes advantage of the calm, serene waters of scenic Pemaquid Harbor – launching from a soft sand beach and paddling in protected coves and sheltered bays, a perfect environment for solid skill development. Maine Kayak will supply you with a solid foundation to launch your stand up paddle board lifestyle.
Our minimum age is 12 yrs old accompanied by an adult. We provide all the paddling clothing, life jacket, paddle, leash and stand up paddle board. Maine coastal waters require wetsuits in all but the peak summer season, which are provided at no additional cost. Minimum of 4 people to start a new trip or you can join existing group. Price $69 per person.
- Classes are small and personalized
- Registered Maine Guide to participant ratio of 4:1
- High end BIC stand up paddle boards used on all trips and rentals
- We provide small and large boards, life jackets, paddles and SUP leashes.
- Free wetsuits, booties and gloves are available and we have a wide variety of sizes.
- Minimum of 4 people to start a new trip or you can join existing group
Stand Up Paddle Board Instruction:
Trip Meeting Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Trip Length: 4 hours
Price starting at: $69 Per Person
Minimum Age: 12 Years Old
Skill Level: Beginners